Also joining the team is super seamstress Sam Molloy You can track her sewing successes on her blog Stitched Up By Samantha.
Fabric HQ, Simple Pleasures Sewing School and Sam Molloy combine to bring you a fantastic program of autumn sewing!
Roman Blind Workshop with Emma May
Tuesday 16th September
Tuesday 30th September - 19.30-22.30 £65
We’ll be learning how to make top-notch roman blinds, finished by hand like a professional. We’ll beaver away on a small sample to get our heads around the process of construction, and cover all the basics of how to measure up a window for a blind and the tricky business of pleat calculations. We’ll send you away armed with instructions to measure up your own chosen window at home, and calculate how much fabric you’ll need etc. When you return a week later we’ll go over your individual calculations for your blind and finish off the sample so that you’re all set to crack on with your own project at home.
- Working out how much fabric you need and what type of fabric is best to use;
- Deciding what size garment to make and cutting out the pattern pieces;
- Constructing the garment and understanding dressmaking terminology;
- Using your various sewing machine functions to achieve the best finish for your garment;
- Inserting a concealed zipper and adding darts to a garment;
- Understitching facings to give a perfect finish;
- There are three variations of the pattern to choose from, providing countless possibilities for more dresses!