Monday 19 May 2014

Ripley's Challenge - May - NOW CLOSED!

Hi All,

If any of you saw my Instagram post on Saturday you will have already had a sneak preview of this month's Ripley's Challenge.  She's been at it again and stolen some of my stuff, the cheeky little madame.  But I forgive her as she did look resplendent in her blue chevrons.



The fabric we want you to identify this month is the one that my lovely new Brigitte headscarf is made from.  I made it for Tilly Walne's online book launch for Love at First Stitch, Demystifying Dressmaking, her beautiful debut into the world of sewing books.  Read my review of the book here.

The actual real life book launch that we were so excited to be invited to was just amazing!  The venue, Drink Shop Do on the Caledonia Road is a must visit for all you crafty folks.  Utterly cool and brilliantly fun.  I am so going back to have a go at their Lego robot making competition ... or maybe the Lionel Rich Tea night ... tea towel screen printing ... or even play with clay Dolly Parton style .... too ... much ... cool stuff going on!

It was great to get to see all the clothes from the book up close - I really do need to make me a Mini blouse, or four - utterly timeless and so beautiful.


We're stocking the book in our shop in Wendover, as well as the GBSB Sew You Own Wardrobe book. Both are amazing, with full size pattern pieces for all the projects included, so basically they're both a total bargain. If you're in or close to Wendover, stop in and have a little browse.

Right, on with the Challenge:  Now closed!!! Congratulations Christine, (and well done everyone else who entered) for identifying the fabric correctly as Michael Miller's Swan Dive Indigo! We'll be in touch to find out which fabric you'd like us to send to you.

More fun from Ripley again this month so stay tuned!

http://www.fabrichq.co.uk/PC6286%20Swan%20Dive%20Indigo.aspx

Go visit our website and tell us which fabric she is sporting.  In order to enter you need to do two things:

1 - add a comment on the post telling us what you'd make with this fabric, or alternatively, what's on your sewing table this week.
2 - tell us the name of the fabric in an email sent to hello@fabrichq.co.uk
Whatever you do, DO NOT mention the name of the fabric on your comment on the post - sort of defeats the whole object, doesn't it?

We'll then pick a winner at random next week - on Sunday 1st June - and send you a fat quarter of a fabric of your choice. Et Voila! Easy peasy way to build your stack.

So, this week Ripley is mainly wearing ...... (shhhh - just in an email - remember!)

5 comments:

  1. Ripley is looking very stylish!

    I think I would perhaps make a nice cushion cover with the fabric (email sent with what fabric I think it is!) as I've been making a lot of cushion covers lately. I might make a rectangular one with some contrasting fabric with stripes of the different materials going down vertically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would use Ripley's headscarf fabric in a quilt that I hope to make soon of red, orange and blue squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to complete a 60x60 inch quilt but my tension is off on the bobbin so have taken a small 'step-away' break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope I'm not too late! I'd make a cute little baby dress from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would make a fabric basket with contrasting lining - Christine R

    ReplyDelete